Signing up for My Sermon Notes is simple and easy! Once you have downloaded the app here, please follow the steps below to get started.
Initial sign up
- Open the app and tap "Create Account"
- Enter your first name, last name, email, and password
- On the next screen, it's time to choose your church. We've given you three options to select a church:
- First, you can list churches by location. If you choose this option, you will be asked to allow location access to the app so we can search for churches in the area. We will never use your location for any other feature of the app (see permissions FAQ for more).
- You can also search for a church by ZIP code. This does not require your location, but you will need to enter the zip code of your church address. This will bring up a list of every church in that zip code.
- Finally, you can enter your church's four-digit church code. This is assigned to them randomly when they become part of the platform. You may ask your church staff for the church code if you do not know it. If you are just downloading the app to try it out and see what it offers, enter "DEMO" in the church code field.
Once you have completed these steps, you've officially signed up for My Sermon Notes! All of your notes will be securely stored in the cloud, and all account information and preferences will be available on any device.
Now that you are signed up, here are some things you may want to do next:
- Add a profile picture: to add a profile picture, simply tap the generic profile picture icon on the "Profile" tab. Tap "Upload Image" and select a picture from your phone. This picture will be visible when you send prayer requests, comment on prayer requests, or are an event organizer or team leader. You may change this picture at any time by following the same process, or you can also remove your profile picture by tapping it and selecting "Clear Image"
- Complete your profile: your church can create custom profile information fields for you to fill out that are accessible under Profile > Profile Information. These fields may include your address, birthday, any children you may have, and checkbox or radio box questions.
- Set your notification preferences: when you first launched the app, you may have noticed a prompt to allow notifications in the app. You may modify which notifications you will receive by going to Profile > Notification Preferences. Here you can enable or disable each of the following:
- Church notifications: these are custom messages a church can send out at any time. These may include special announcements or important information they want members to know.
- Event notifications: if enabled, we will send you a reminder for each event you have signed up for 24 hours prior to it starting.
- Prayer notifications: if enabled, you will receive a push notification each time a new prayer request is posted.
Now that you've created an account and finished setting up your profile, it's time to get started using the app!