Once you have downloaded the app here, please follow the steps below to get started.
Initial sign up
There are a few ways to create your account. Choose to continue with Facebook, Google, Apple, or email. If you choose to continue with email, you'll be asked to fill out your first name, last name, phone number, and password.
Locating your church
On the next screen, it's time to choose your church. We've given you three options to select a church:
- Find your church using your location. If you choose this option, you will be asked to allow location access to the app so we can search for churches in the area.
- Search for your church by ZIP code. You will need to enter the zip code of your church address.
- Enter your church's four-digit church code. You may ask your church staff for the church code if you do not know it.
Once you have completed these steps, you've officially signed up for My Sermon Notes. All of your notes will be securely stored in the cloud, and all account information and preferences will be available on any device.
Now that you are signed up, here are some things you may want to do next:
- Add a profile picture: to add a profile picture, simply tap the generic profile picture icon on the "Profile" tab. Tap "Upload Image" and select a picture from your phone.
- Complete your profile: your church can create custom profile information fields for you to fill out that are accessible under Profile > Profile Information.
- Set your notification preferences: when you first launched the app, you are asked to allow notifications in the app. You may modify which notifications you will receive by going to Profile > Notification Preferences. Here you can enable or disable each of the following:
- Church notifications: these are custom messages a church can send out at any time. These may include special announcements or important information they want members to know.
- Event notifications: if enabled, we will send you a reminder for each event you have signed up for 24 hours prior to it starting.
- Prayer notifications: if enabled, you will receive a push notification each time a new prayer request is posted.